Comrade eschews deep civility

Apparently not all armadillos believe in deep civility. Nor are we all non-aligned centrists. Apparently some are even would-be active supporters of John Howard’s vision of Australia’s role in South-East Asia.

About Ken Parish

Ken Parish is a legal academic, with research areas in public law (constitutional and administrative law), civil procedure and teaching & learning theory and practice. He has been a legal academic for almost 20 years. Before that he ran a legal practice in Darwin for 15 years and was a Member of the NT Legislative Assembly for almost 4 years in the early 1990s.
This entry was posted in Humour. Bookmark the permalink.
Gibbo
2022 years ago

Ken, I would like to see your permit to be in the contry please as:
“It is illegal to import armadillos without a permit.”

Also, I will treat with with even greater reverence now that I know:
“Armadillos are a protected species listed under the Convention for the International Trade of Endangered Species”

Geoff Honnor
Geoff Honnor
2022 years ago

This obviously wasn’t Chlamyphorus Truncatus – also known as the Pink Fairy Armadillo.

Ken Parish
Ken Parish
2022 years ago

Geoff

Oh I don’t know. This comrade may have been The Village People’s mascot. Macho Macho ‘Dillo? Leather boots, cowboy hat, tight jeans etc. It might not win Carson Kressley’s seal of approval, but it’s a recognised fashion sub-genre, as far as I can see (a man who suppies photos of himself in black leather bib and brace daks is hardly in a position to criticise IMO).

Scott Wickstein
2022 years ago

The Adelaide address, by the way, was nothing to do with me. Honest.

fx holden
fx holden
2022 years ago

“The stuffed animal, which was mounted on its hind legs..”

Ok ok ok -calm down – its stuffed all right. Which one of youse boys mounted the armidillo. Step out here please.

Tim Bliar
Tim Bliar
2022 years ago

Shows that all armadillos are terrorists, and as all terrorists are muslims, thus all armadillos must be muslims.

I’m a clever kid!

David Tiley
2022 years ago

Why does this description make me think of Howard?

I know, I know. But you are all obsessed as well.

I have to admit I did think of Scott.

Ian
Ian
2022 years ago

Aaaahmm; I take it we’re not enamoured of armoured armadillos :-))

saint
2022 years ago

At least when the masses revolt against the gun toting tyrants, they can no longer seek refuge somewhere in South America

Link
2022 years ago

More Armadillo news

Ken Parish
Ken Parish
2022 years ago

Carolinkus, I’m afraid your armadillo link misfired. Please try again, because we armadillos are anxious for news of each other.