Troppo Weekend Quiz . . .

To which organisations do these two logos belong?

This entry was posted in History, Philosophy, Politics - international. Bookmark the permalink.
Jason Soon
14 years ago

The first thing that occured to me (no idea how I remembered this) is that the first one is the logo of the Peoples Action Party (ruling party in Singapore)

Niall
14 years ago

Really Jason? Google perhaps?

The second symbol is the British Union of Fascists. I googled it, just like Soon did.

Jason Soon
14 years ago

Err no – I guessed correctly that it was the PAP and then confirmed it with Google. As I said the first thought that popped into my head when I saw the first logo was ‘PAP’. How many people have heard of the PAP? If you’re saying that I eventually used Google – err, yes. How else do you expect me to prove that it was the correct guess? I have no idea how to use Google to track down a logo.

Why so obnoxious Niall? Something against Asians as Google confirms?

Niall
14 years ago

No Jason, just a set angst towards arseholes such as yourself :)

Patrick
Patrick
14 years ago

…smells like inferiority complex around here… ;)

I like the point, though, NG.

My first guess was stormfront but that turned out a little wide of the mark :(

Nabakov
Nabakov
14 years ago

And here was me thinking all this time they were rejected logos for the Ministry of Space. (By the way, an excellent yarn with a vicious twist at the start and at the end. ‘Biggles Looks Into The Abyss’.)

John Ryan
14 years ago

Have a look at the logo of the West Aust Cricket,and tell me where you have seen that before the knight the stance looks kinda familar to me

monaro
monaro
14 years ago

Thats a very Germanic looking template you have there Niall.

Going off what I saw on Spicks and Specks the other night I think the first one is Marilyn Mansons guitar pic.

Niall
14 years ago

Germanic template? In the eye of the beholder, I guess.

Richard Green
Richard Green
14 years ago

I recognised the Mosley logo, so you think the PAP culd have been more subtle.

Graham Bell
Graham Bell

Nicholas Gruen and All:

Why all the fuss?

There are heaps of similarities in heraldry, in vexillology, in emblems, in badges.

Nobody is going to confuse Singapore’s PAP with British Fascists …. nor Eire with Cote d’Ivorie, nor Mexico with Italy, nor Liberia or Malaysia with the U.S.A., nor New York City with Paraguay.

Robert

Apparently you’re one of Tim Blair’s acolytes, Jason. :-D

amphibious
14 years ago

The lightning bolt was one of the first shoulder patches the SRA used in 1990 for their jackbooted ‘revenue protection officers’. I think they still have a toned down version tho’ they lost the akshal jackboots.