Well folks. I’m off to the MCG. Again. Who knows who will win but I have a bad feeling. Here are my thoughts.
- Collingwood is a better side. Much better.
- To a remarkable extent collingwood forsakes the main weapon of most sides – the lead out from goal, the pass to the lead.
- Otherwise they’re very effective. Great in defence, great across half back and a great midfield. Apart from the lead they’re very effective up forward but haven’t solved their inaccurate kicking which is partly a result of being forced wide and snapping under pressure.
- St Kilda have a game which is well placed to neutralise our strengths – as they’re St Kilda’s strengths too. Some sides have the ‘wood’ on others. Saints have not quite the wood, but have a good defensive style to capitalise on our weaknesses.
- One side will win comfortably.
- Interestingly, although the game last week was of a very high standard, most of the best players for both sides didn’t play very well. Our three great midfielders, Swan, Pendlebury and Didak were all down. So was Riewoldt.
- Whichever of these guys can lift their game will win for their sides.
Anyway, like I said, who knows, and this list seems to add up to a Collingwood win. But I’ve not a bad feeling, when I had a good feeling last week.