Who is this man, and who painted his picture?

FHG

All will be revealed on Tuesday night.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Who is this man, and who painted his picture?

1. Rex says:

I’ll take a punt and say he’s a close relative of yours.

2. whyisitso says:

Reminds me of that TV commercial where the very old man is modelling for a portrait and is painted without his wrinkles. He looks 25 again.

3. Bruce says:

Brendan Nelson or Adolf Hitler? Self-portrait?

4. Ken Parish says:

The eyes especially, and the thin serious face, do indeed have a distinctly Gruen-ish appearance. But it also looks an awful lot like an early self-portrait of William Dobell I recall seeing at the NSW Art Gallery not so long ago. Circa 1932.

5. Jen says:

well you’ve kept me up wishing I hadn’t sold dear old Gombrich – a solid text if ever there was one.
    Had a lovely reminisce thru the likes of Modigliani, (I still think it might be him before he got all expressiony) Grosz and Beckman – the last did a woodcut or was the subject of a woodcut that I can’t find online either.
    What an online loser I am, and what a tired one too.

If you were any sort of gentleman then you’d make it your business to see that a private email with the answer was available to me when I wake up.

Nicholas!
    Are you listening?

6. Jen says:

I have it now, the woodcut is Erich Heckel.
    So what you may well say.
    Say away.
    And now it’s back to the main game.
    Is that Parish bellowing about lights and clicking keyboards?
    Are they the dulcet tones of my love?
    Apparently I need sleep.

7. Jen says:

Albert Tucker?
    shaven and airbrushed?
    goodnight

8. Jen says:

well?
    who is it or is this some ern malley style aussie bull that we must endure with a wry grin.
    i’m way to emotional to be wry!

9. wmmbb says:

I thought it looked a little like Ludwig Ludwig Wittgenstein(1889 – 1951). Nonetheless, I was right about the Austrian part.

10. wmmbb says:

Oops one Ludwig and the reference is:http://www-groups.dcs.st-and.ac.uk/~history/PictDisplay/Wittgenstein.html
    My previous comment went straight through to the keeper.

Comments are closed.