Missing Link’s mid-year holiday

Gummo is sick, Amanda doesn’t have computer access at the moment, Jen is under the hammer to finish assignments for her Masters, and I’m not sure where Stephen Hill and Tim Sterne are (flat out looking for a job in Tim’s case, I suspect).  Gilmae is going on a holiday soon and won’t have computer access either.

The universe is telling us it’s time for Missing Link to take a mid-year holiday.  It will also give me time to catch up with lots of things I haven’t been getting to, not least helping Nicholas with a new project that needs lots of time put in to get it off the ground.

Missing Link is therefore officially on holiday until 21 July.

About Ken Parish

Ken Parish is a legal academic at Charles Darwin University, with research areas in public law (constitutional and administrative law) and teaching & learning theory and practice. He has been a legal academic for almost 12 years. Before that he ran a legal practice in Darwin for 15 years and was a Member of the NT Legislative Assembly for almost 4 years in he early 1990s.
This entry was posted in Uncategorised. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Missing Link’s mid-year holiday

1. Call it Christmas in July.

2. You deserve a break, Ken – you’ve been flat out with this for ages; you’ve also included all the clever ‘arty’ decorations and uniform structure. That’s hard to do well (and consistently) while still keeping lots of other balls in the air at the same time.

Enjoy the rest.

3. Patrick says:

What SL said.

You provide a great service to the aussie-bloggy-world.

Even if I don’t always get the arty deco :(

4. I’ve always thought a daily round up was a bit of a stretch. How about Mon, Wed and Friday.

5. Jacques Chester says:

FXH;

I think the idea of moving to a daily roundup was that it kept the workload for any one day manageable.

6. Legal Eagle says:

It’s such a hard time of year at the moment – end of financial year for anyone in business, exam time for students, marking time for lecturers… Definitely a deserved break.

7. Ken Parish says:

We tried 3 times a week and simply found that it made the task of both reviewing and compiling too large and forbidding for each single edition. Doing it daily keeps it manageable, as long as most of us have a more modest amount of time to put in each day. When hardly any of us do it becomes problematic. I’m sure no-one will mind our putting it on ice for 3 weeks or so, and I’m equally sure that sticking with the daily format is the best option upon resumption.

8. Martha Maus says:

Take a break, Ken and Troppodillians; we’ll wait. It’s not as if there’s any real competition for you to worry about.

9. TimT says:

Its not as if theres any real competition…

Cough! Cough!

Pardon me. I have a slight viral infection. It’s called Selfpromotionus Inflammaticus. I’ll be all right in a few days…

10. david tiley says:

I will stare at my computer for the next three weeks and I. Will. Not. Blink.

Seriously, youse are heroes and need teh break.

11. Pavlov's Cat says:

What they all said, especially that nice Mr Tiley.

12. Liam says:

“Missing Link may drive MPs from power”
    Landeryou’s having delusions of grandeur again.

Comments are closed.